Senior Software Engineer (Backend - Ruby on Rails)
New York, NY ~ March 20, 2017
Headquarters: New York, NY
- You are an experienced software engineer with at least five years experience who loves writing code and finding simple solutions that solve user and business needs.
- You see your role as both mentor and coder, putting the needs of the team first. You enjoy helping other engineers understand best practices in a thoughtful and considerate way, and earn respect through high quality work.
- Mentor other software engineers by collaborating on architectural and design considerations and helping them understand standard solutions and when to cut corners.
- Implement features in our editorial and e-commerce platform.
- Help our team improve the quality of our code through thoughtful collaboration, code refactoring, and other software engineering best practices.
- At least five years of experience in software engineering teams, with some amount of team lead or mentorship experience.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and AWS.
- Strong background in algorithms, data structures, and software engineering principles.
- Strong background in web technologies, including a deep understanding of how a modern web application works end to end and how applications perform under load.
To apply: See https://food52.workable.com/jobs/340885
Want to apply to this job? Please register first. »