Headquarters: 100% Remote
We're looking for a full-time full stack developer to help build and maintain our social media management tool, Edgar. Edgar launched in mid-2014 and has thousands of happy, beautiful, paying customers that will use the features you build every day.
You’ll be working on big, exciting projects like optimizing our Sidekiq queuing system, building out ReactJS components, adding support for social media platform-specific features like native video, and getting our onboarding juuuust right so that every user has a mind-blowing experience from their very first login.
You’ll be joining a small team of senior level full-stack developers, and working alongside dedicated QA and Customer Experience pros.
Our stack is Rails 4, Ruby 2.2, Heroku, Postgres, S3, Sidekiq Pro, a little Redis, with ReactJS & Redux on the front-end. It’s great stack to work with everyday, and we take our time to write solid code and proper tests to make sure it stays that way.
We do a fair amount of pair programming and a lot of code reviews, we love solid tests and CI, and we deploy several times a week. Basically? We’re constantly improving our process so we can create an ideal developer environment - low overheads, high transparency. Estimates were inaccurate and irrelevant, so we dropped ‘em. Artificial deadlines weren’t doing it for us, so we switched from scrum to pure kanban and never looked back. When something isn’t working, we’re not afraid to throw it out and try something new - so if you have exciting ideas about the dev process and how to make your own job even better, you’ll fit right in. (We’re open-minded like that.)
You’ll have final responsibility for features you build, from inception all the way through to deployment, so your teammates know exactly who to shower with praise when you score a big win.
We’re a small team of about 30 people, all working remotely across the US & Canada. We do a lot of collaborating and meme-swapping on Slack, along with virtual team meetings and super-futuristic video calls. We also do a twice-annual meetup week where we work together on cool projects all day and generally make fools of ourselves all night. We’re proudly bootstrapped and profitable, which means we get to turn down VC money a lot and keep doing things the way we like. We’re pretty serious about building and maintaining an awesome, positive company culture, so, you know, no jerks.
We'll probably get along if you’re someone who wants to be creative, have a pretty-serious-but-not-inhuman amount of responsibility, and work with people who make going to work not suck. (And be one of those people yourself. We like those people.)
We know we’re ridiculously lucky to have this crack squad of ambitious, kind, independent little nerds, and we want to keep that going by bringing in even more people who love geeking out about what they do and doing work they’ll be super proud of. (And on that note, we’re an equal-opportunity employer genuinely committed to building a diverse team, and to fostering the type of inclusive environment in which diversity thrives.)
You can find out more at http://meetedgar.com/careers/
and by watching this video (we paid a lot for this thing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvU3P43b0rQ
- Senior level Rails skills w/ 3 years+ experience
- You’ve got real professional experience with React, and Redux and Babel/ES6 are big plusses
- Live anywhere in the USA or Canada (must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the USA)
- You love Rails and React
- You know how to communicate effectively and work as part of a team trying to build something great
- Passionate about improving the dev process and recognize the value of an awesome company culture
- Not a jerk
Perks & Benefits
- Work from home (or wherever there’s strong wifi)
- 4 weeks paid vacation (Shazam! And yes, everyone actually uses all 4 weeks)
- Monthly cleaning service for your home - not that we don't have total faith in you
- Paid home Internet service
- Coworking space/coffee shop working expenses
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your fam
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- An extra paid day off per quarter so you can volunteer in your community (awww)
- New Mac laptop (#blessed)
- Books, conferences, and other educational resources to help you be even more amazing at what you do!
- TSA pre-check to make getting to retreats and conferences a breeze (optional)
Check ‘em out in even more detail here (you know you’re curious):
Want to know more about our company culture? We've got a video for that, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFMEp6D7M74
To apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSczjxwpXOxPVcoDesuBEojTFCSX7W1OdRr0BdcgGsTdEV3YGQ/viewform