Senior Software Development Engineer @ Microsoft
April 19, 2017
(San Francisco, California)
For Microsoft’s DX GISV TED Division
Following Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, the DX GISV Technical Evangelism and Development (TED) team enables top companies and ISVs around the world to create scalable, resilient and efficient software solutions applying a smart mix of different technologies and platforms, including cloud computing, highly scalable data engines, hybrid networking and distributed messaging systems.
To achieve this goal, we are looking to expand our team with a versatile Software Developer Engineer who demonstrates deep technical knowledge and senior development experience applying cloud technologies and modern architectures. As a member of the DX-TED team, you will be responsible for driving highly visible solutions, working with innovative companies that are recognized as leaders and visionaries in their areas of work, while coordinating efforts with engineering and business teams. Typical activities include architecture design sessions, technical acceleration labs, and deep coding events. As part of your responsibilities, you will also work closely with Microsoft engineering groups, providing feedback and influencing roadmap decisions.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Demonstrated deep, broad and practical software engineering expertise with solid engineering fundamentals.
- Deep and practical understanding as well as hands-on development experience in various cloud/client/data engineering technologies and emerging trends. (For example: machine learning, high scale data pipelines, blockchain, IoT, microservices, computer vision, conversational interfaces, mobile clients or virtual / augmented reality).
- Active presence and a good reach in relevant tech communities and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with high impact results.
- Great communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional decision making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through.
- Developing and deploying highly visible, scalable, reliable, commercially available solutions, working with top companies in different industries, including genomics, cyber-security, media, retail and gaming among others.
- Demonstrating technical subject matter expertise to scope real world projects, architect solutions, and resolve issues.
- Ensuring synchronization between the Microsoft partner teams to meet the project requirements.
- Delivering ongoing market and competitive insights in collaboration with Microsoft business groups.
- Working closely with the Microsoft engineering groups to provide feedback to influence the future product roadmap.
This role will require moderate travel (20-25%).
What we can offer:
- Medical and hospitalization coverage
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Physician house calls
- 24-hour health line
- Free on-campus health screenings and flu shots.
- Maternity and parental leave
- 401(k) matching plan
- Quarterly employee stock purchase plan
- Training and development programs
- Competitive and comprehensive time off
- Volunteer opportunities & Donation matching
- Paid gym and fitness memberships
- On-campus retail shops and sports fields
- Sports equipment check out
- On-campus cafes and kitchens
- Microsoft Connector shuttle and bus fleet
- Social clubs - ranging from dodgeball to photography to theater
- Discounts on Microsoft products
- Flexible work hours
- Electric car charging stations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to apply to this job? Please register first. »